Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Quick Intro To Me

Aaaaiiiigh!  A new blog.  It's been a while since I've done this sort of thing.  Hopefully I can stay somewhat consistent and keep the blogs coming.  I suppose I'll start with a proper introduction...

I am a single momma to three kids.  Ages 3, 8, and 10.  Boy, girl, boy.  I work full-time and while I love my job, currently I feel like throwing my arms in the air and kicking and screaming about it. 

I've also recently found myself frustrated as a single mom, searching and so desperately wanting a group of women to be a part of...a group of women to interact with and talk about God!  HOWEVER, finding that when you have kids, can be quite the task.  I don't have a babysitter on hand at any given moment; I also don't have a break from the kids, until the Summer.  SO, I began an online search that led to a site called (in)courage.  I honestly can't tell you how I got there.  I know I was searching twitter, reading blogs from links on twitter, and boom! I was there.  The site was for me!  Well, it was for women, in general, but it was for me.

Apparently, I entered the site just in the nick of time.  I clicked on the "community" link, read about how they had started a new groups deal on facebook and you could join one or more groups that fit your life.  Options included singles, artists, bible studies, and more.  Could this be for real!?  YES!  I found a group of women, having a bible study...online...together...miles apart...reading the same book...discussing!!! 

Long story...a little bit shorter.  The book we are reading together (apart) is called "Unglued", it's by Lysa TerKeurst.  I ordered my book on Wednesday, was told I'd receive it in two weeks, but got it on Friday!  I began reading this morning and kept reading and reading and reading. 

I plan to post one more blog today about something I had read in the book...many of my blogs will likely have much to do with the book.  Hopefully, I will actually keep up with this bloggin' thing...again.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can so relate to your frustrations and struggles. Blogging has been very healthy for me and, like you, it led me to (in)courage. I hope you'll find our little community group to be a place where you're comfy and accepted just as you are. We're certainly glad you're there! :-)

    ReplyDelete