Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 1

First, let me begin by saying, I generally don't do this, but if there is something I have fully realized in this last year - I HAVE LOTS TO BE THANKFUL FOR!  Sometimes, I have had to remind myself of what I have to be thankful for, just so I wouldn't focus on the things that make me want to cry, kick, scream, and come unglued!

Second, the things I am thankful for will be in no particular order.  Mostly because I could just see me saying one sister before the other and oh. my. stars! ...you can just imagine.

Now then...

DAY 1:

I am thankful for Grace.  I'm pretty sure I could sum up all of the things I am thankful for with that one Word.  In some way it envelops everything I have and do and have done.  If it weren't for the Grace of God, I would not have made it through this last year, let alone this last week.  And, very likely, not even today.  My God is bigger, My God is greater, My God is higher than any other ... and boy-oh-boy, "thankful" is an understatement when it comes to the Grace he has provided for me.

I'd tell you what I've been through this last year - the mistakes I've made, the tears I've cried, the fights I've had, the "unglued" moments, etc. - I'd tell you, but none of it matters, because God's Grace has wiped it clean, He has given me a new slate and a new way to look at things...and He'll do it again tomorrow.

“Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


No comments:

Post a Comment